The latest supported firmware version for Series 5, and 6 appliances are available to download and apply. To obtain the latest security fixes and firmware enhancements, NetWitness strongly recommends updating systems with the updates provided below.
Netwitness has qualified these firmware versions and has verified they will NOT affect the operation of the NW. Server, Decoder, Concentrator, Broker, Archiver, ESA and Hybrid hosts once applied. Reboot is required after updating some of the firmware versions to make sure they are effective.
Select the Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® 64-Bit. This file will be used to update the appliance via the iDRAC update.
The firmware levels in the table below are the ones which been tested and recommended by NetWitness.
When Clicking download please download the EXE files for IDRAC and BIN files for CMD if needed.
It is recommended to update the IDRAC Firmware first then BIOS then other Firmware levels.
The firmware upgrade may fail if any of the RAID controllers in the system are performing an I/O background task (that is, consistency select, background initialization, rebuild, or reconstruction). Allow the background task to complete before attempting to upgrade the firmware. Patrol Read tasks will not affect a firmware upgrade.
Update using IDRAC (preferred method)
Update through Centos OS (When IDRAC is not accessible)
1. Log into the iDRAC web interface
2. Go to Maintenance > System Update. The Manual Update page is displayed.
3. On the Manual Update tab, select Local as the Location Type.
Click Browse, select the firmware image file for the required component, and then click Upload.
5. After the upload is complete, the Update Details section displays each firmware file that is uploaded to iDRAC and its status. If the firmware image file is valid and was successfully uploaded, the Contents column displays a (+) icon next to the firmware image file name. Expand the name to view the Device Name, Current, and Available firmware version information.
6. Select the required firmware file, and do one of the following:
a. For firmware images that do not require a host system reboot, click Install.
b. For firmware images that require a host system reboot, click Install and Reboot or Install Next Reboot.
c. To cancel the firmware update, click Cancel.
When you click Install, Install and Reboot, or Install Next Reboot, the message Updating Job Queue is displayed.
7. To display the Job Queue page, click Job Queue. Use this page to view and manage your pending firmware updates. You can click OK to refresh the current page to view the status of the firmware update.
N.B: If you will use IDRAC 7 or 8 Go to Overview > iDRAC Settings > Update and Rollback and upload the required firmware file.
2- Read over the release information presented example execute the "./SAS-RAID_Firmware_TPTX7_LN_51.14.0-3900_A15.BIN --version" command from the shell.
3- Download and install any prerequisites identified if needed.
4- Run the update by executing "./SAS-RAID_Firmware_TPTX7_LN_51.14.0-3900_A15.BIN" from the shell.
5- Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.
For Rollback Firmware:
In the iDRAC Web interface, go to Overview >>> iDRAC Settings >>> Update and Rollback >>> Rollback.
The Rollback page displays the devices for which you can roll back the firmware. You can view the device name, associated devices, currently installed firmware version, and the available firmware rollback version.
Based on the selected devices, click Install and Reboot or Install Next Reboot.
When you clickInstall and RebootorInstall Next Reboot, the message “Updating Job Queue” is displayed.
Click Job Queue. The Job Queuepage is displayed, where you can view and manage the staged firmware updates.
Dell Storage MD14XX Enclosure Firmware Version 1.07, A05