Configure Log File SettingsConfigure Log File Settings
In NetWitness Platform XDR, you can configure the size of the log files, the number of backup log files maintained, as well as the default logging levels for the packages within NetWitness.
Configure System Log File Size and Backup CountConfigure System Log File Size and Backup Count
The log file size and backup count are configured with default values. If you want to change the default values for the log file size and number of backups:
- Go to (Admin) > System.
- In options panel, select System Logging.
The System Logging Configuration panel opens to the Realtime tab by default.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Max Log Size field, type the maximum size in bytes. The minimum value for this setting is 4096.
- In the Max # Backup Files field, type the maximum number of backup logs to maintain. The minimum value for this setting is 0. When the maximum number of log files is attained, and a new backup file is made, the oldest backup is discarded.
- Click Apply.
The changes go into effect immediately.
Set the Log Level for an Individual PackageSet the Log Level for an Individual Package
The Package Configuration section shows the NetWitness Network in a tree structure. The tree contains all the packages used within NetWitness. You can drill down into the tree to view the log levels of each package. The log level for all packages that are not explicitly set is the same as the root log level. To set the log level for a package:
- Select the package in the Package tree.
The name of the package is displayed in the Package field. If a log level is already set for the package, that level is shown.
- Select the Log Level in the drop-down list.
- Click Apply.
The new log level becomes effective immediately.
- (Optional) If you want to revert to the default log level specified for root, click Reset.