Configure VMware Event Sources in NetWitnessConfigure VMware Event Sources in NetWitness
This topic tells you how to configure the VMware collection protocol.
To add a VMware Event Source:
- Go to (Admin) > Services.
- Select a Log Collection service.
- Under Actions, select > View > Config to display the Log Collection configuration parameter tabs.
Click the Event Sources tab.
In the Log Collector Event Sources tab, select VMware/Config from the drop-down menu.
The Event Categories panel displays the VMware event sources that are configured, if any.
Click to open the Available Event Source Types dialog.
Select vmware-events or vmware-tasks from the Available Event Source Types dialog and click OK.
The VMware available event source types are as follows:
- vmware-events: Setup vmware-events to collect events from vCenter Servers and ESX/ESXi servers.
- vmware-tasks: (Optional) Setup vmware-tasks to collect tasks from vCenter Servers.
Select the new type in the Event Categories panel, and click + in the Sources toolbar.
Add a Name, Username and Password, and modify any other parameters that require changes.
Caution: If you need to enter the domain name as part of the Username, you must use a double-backslash as a separator. For example, if the domain|username is corp\smithj, you must specify corp\\smithj.
- Click OK to save your changes.