Create and Publish Policies
You can create a policy and assign it to one or more groups.
To create a Policy
- Go to (CONFIGURE) > Policies.
- In the policies panel, click Content.
- Click Policies.
The available policies are displayed.
- Click + Create New to add a new policy.
- In the New Policy panel, do the following:
- Enter a unique policy name.
- Enter a description for the policy.
- Click Next.
- In the Available Content, select the content type and click + to add the content to the policy. To add all content based on the resource type, click . After you add the content, you can enable subscription (if required) by clicking Subscription toggle. Once the content is subscribed the updates are pushed automatically.
Subscription is not allowed for custom content.
- All the dependencies are added automatically for the selected content. You can click on the content name highlighted in blue and look for details such as content description, content type, resources and dependencies and so on. You can also add and subscribe the resource from the details view.
A caution icon is displayed to create a deployment on three scenarios:
To create and manage deployments, see Manage Deployments.
In the Group List, click + to assign groups to the policy.
A group is disabled if another policy of the same type is already assigned to this group.
If there are no unassigned groups available, click to save the policy and redirect you to Create New Group screen. For more information on creating a new group, see Create a Group.
- Click Save and Publish to save and publish the settings.
Once the publish is successful, you can view only the published content on the service while publishing the policy for the first time.
- While publishing the first policy to a service, all previous content except custom feeds, will be deleted. Ensure that all custom content are migrated to content library before publishing the first policy.
- You can also publish a policy from Policy Details screen. For more information on publishing a policy from Policy Details screen, refer View a Policy feature.
Click Cancel to cancel the publish content dialog.
Click Save and Close to save the settings.
When first applying a Content Policy to manage content, the existing Live and custom content on the service (excluding Custom Feeds) will be removed and replaced with the Policy content. You should compare the existing service content with the policy before applying to ensure required content is added to the policy. Endpoint risk scoring requires certain application rules. Refer Endpoint Risk Scoring Rules to view the list of these application rules.