Edit Network Rule
When you edit the network rule, follow these guidelines:
You can only edit the custom rules.
The rule name and rule value cannot be edited if the custom rule is assigned to a policy.
If the custom rule assigned to a policy is edited, then you must republish the policy for the changes to take effect in the service.
The rule value cannot be edited. The rule value can be same for different rule names.
While editing the rule name, if the name of that network rule is same as an existing rule, an error message is displayed.
To edit a Network Rule
- Go to (CONFIGURE) > Policies.
- In the policies panel, click Content.
- In the left panel, click Content Library.
- Click the Network Rule tab.
- Select the network rule to edit.
- Click Edit Rule to edit the network rule.
- In the Edit Rule panel, do the following:
- Enter a unique rule name. If the name of that network rule is the same as an existing rule, an error message is displayed.
- Enter the rule value. This is the value written to the alert meta.
- Enter the condition for the rule. You can apply two types of conditions for the rule.
- Normal mode:
- It gives suggestions for supported metas (ip, host and so on) and operators (“=”, “Not Equal To”, “Contains”, “Exists” and so on).
- The entered condition will be enclosed in a ‘Pill’. When you enter multiple conditions, the conditions are automatically joined by an ‘AND’ operator. On clicking the ‘AND’ operator, you can toggle between ‘AND’ and ‘OR’ operators.
- Advanced: You can customize the conditions as a free form text.
The medium is selected as Packet by default, and it cannot be modified.
- Enter the description for the rule.
- Select the session data to be applied for the rule.
- Select the session options to be applied for the rule.
- Click Cancel to cancel the operation.
- Click Reset to reset the data.
- Click Save to save the new network rule.