Log Collection TabsLog Collection Tabs
This topic describes the tabs available in the Log Collection view.
Access Log Collection ViewAccess Log Collection View
To access the log collection view:
- Go to (Admin) > Services from the NetWitness menu.
- Select a Log Collection service.
Under Actions, select View > Config to display the Log Collection configuration parameter tabs.
The Service Config view is displayed with the Log Collector General tab open.
- Select any of the available tabs to view or update the corresponding parameters.
Available TabsAvailable Tabs
Use the (Admin) > Services view to maintain Log Collection parameters. It has the following tabs:
- General: contains high-level parameters that govern the operation of the Log Collector service and each collection protocol. See Log Collection General Tab for details.
- Remote Collectors: use this tab to set up remote collectors. See Configure Local and Remote Collectors for details.
- Files: provides an interface for editing Log Collector configuration files.
- Event Sources: use this tab to configure collection for your event sources. See Log Collection Event Sources Tab for details.
- Event Destinations: Use the Event Destinations tab of the Log Collection service Config view to configure the destination of event data collected by the Log Collector. See Log Collection Event Destinations Tab for details.
- Settings: contains parameters for Lockbox security setup, and certificate management.
- Appliance Service Configuration: contains configuration parameters for the NetWitness Core Appliance service.
Please refer to the Files tab and the Appliance Service Configuration tab in the Host and Services Configuration Guide for information on the configuration parameters on these tabs.