1. Log into the iDRAC web interface
2. Go to Maintenance > System Update. The Manual Update page is displayed.
3. On the Manual Update tab, select Local as the Location Type.
Click Browse, select the firmware image file for the required component, and then click Upload.
5. After the upload is complete, the Update Details section displays each firmware file that is uploaded to iDRAC and its status. If the firmware image file is valid and was successfully uploaded, the Contents column displays a (+) icon next to the firmware image file name. Expand the name to view the Device Name, Current, and Available firmware version information.
6. Select the required firmware file, and do one of the following:
a. For firmware images that do not require a host system reboot, click Install.
b. For firmware images that require a host system reboot, click Install and Reboot or Install Next Reboot.
c. To cancel the firmware update, click Cancel.
When you click Install, Install and Reboot, or Install Next Reboot, the message Updating Job Queue is displayed.
7. To display the Job Queue page, click Job Queue. Use this page to view and manage your pending firmware updates. You can click OK to refresh the current page to view the status of the firmware update.
If you will use IDRAC 7 or 8 Go to Overview > iDRAC Settings > Update and Rollback and upload the required firmware file.
1- Download From http://www.dell.com/support/home , download the update package and save it to your local hard drive.
2- Read over the release information presented example execute the
"./SAS-RAID_Firmware_TPTX7_LN_51.14.0-3900_A15.BIN --version" command from the shell.
3- Download and install any prerequisites identified if needed.
4- Run the update by executing "./SAS-RAID_Firmware_TPTX7_LN_51.14.0-3900_A15.BIN" from the shell.
5- Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.