The latest supported firmware version for Series 5, and 6 appliances are available to download and apply. To obtain the latest security fixes and firmware enhancements, RSA strongly recommends updating systems with the updates provided below.
RSA has qualified these firmware versions and have verified it will NOT affect operation of the NW. Server, Decoder, Concentrator, Broker, Archiver, ESA, Malware and Hybrid hosts once applied. Reboot is required after updating some of the firmware versions to make sure they are effective.
Select the Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® 64-Bit. This file will be used to update the appliance via the iDRAC update.
The firmware levels in the table below are the ones which been tested and recommended by RSA.
The firmware upgrade may fail if any of the RAID controllers in the system are performing an I/O background task (that is, consistency check, background initialization, rebuild, or reconstruction).Allowthe background task to complete before attempting to upgrade the firmware. Patrol Read tasks will not affect a firmware upgrade.
Update using IDRAC (preferred method)
Update though Centos OS (When IDRAC not accessible)
1. Log into the iDRAC web interface
2. Go to Maintenance > System Update. The Manual Update page is displayed.
3. On the Manual Update tab, select Local as the Location Type.
Click Browse, select the firmware image file for the required component, and then click Upload.
5. After the upload is complete, the Update Details section displays each firmware file that is uploaded to iDRAC and its status. If the firmware image file is valid and was successfully uploaded, the Contents column displays a (+) icon next to the firmware image file name. Expand the name to view the Device Name, Current, and Available firmware version information.
6. Select the required firmware file, and do one of the following:
a. For firmware images that do not require a host system reboot, click Install.
b. For firmware images that require a host system reboot, click Install and Reboot or Install Next Reboot.
c. To cancel the firmware update, click Cancel.
When you click Install, Install and Reboot, or Install Next Reboot, the message Updating Job Queue is displayed.
7. To display the Job Queue page, click Job Queue. Use this page to view and manage your pending firmware updates. You can click OK to refresh the current page to view the status of the firmware update.
N.B: If you will use IDRAC 7 or 8 Go to Overview > iDRAC Settings > Update and Rollback and upload the required firmware file.