In order to register as a Customer or Partner account on the NetWitness Community to gain access to the Case Portal and other restricted product content, you must provide either a Site ID, Serial Number, Contract Number, or License Key for one of the products associated with your account. This document provides instructions on finding this information for NetWitness.
RSA NetWitness Logs & Network / Endpoint
There are three methods for obtaining the serial number for NetWitness Logs and Packets (formerly RSA Security Analytics) appliance and NetWitness Endpoint (formerly RSA Ecat):
Method 1 - Decal on the physical appliance
There is a serial number decal on your appliance, which is usually affixed to the top of the appliance and look similar to the example below.
Method 2 - Using the RSA NetWitness Platform UI
- Log in to the RSA NetWitness Platform UI as an administrative user.
- Navigate to Administration > Services.
- Click on the Actions button for an appliance and select View > System.
- Click on the Host Tasks button at the top of the page.
- Select Show Serial Number from the Task drop down menu and click Run.
- The serial number will be displayed in the Output section.
Method 3 - Using the Command-Line
- Connect to a NetWitness appliance via SSH as the root user.
- Issue the command dmidecode -s system-serial-number which will display the serial number, as shown below:
If you are unable to locate your serial number or license key, or if your product is not listed, please Contact Customer Support Here for further assistance.