Display System and Service LogsDisplay System and Service Logs
NetWitness provides views into system logs and service logs. When you view service logs, you can select messages for the service or host.
View System LogsView System Logs
- Go to (Admin) > System.
In the options panel, select System Logging.
Display Service LogsDisplay Service Logs
To display NetWitness service logs:
- Go to (Admin) > Services.
- In the Services list, select a service.
In the Actions column, select View > Logs.
Filter Log EntriesFilter Log Entries
To filter the results shown in the Realtime tab:
- (Optional) For system and service logs, select a Log Level and a Keyword, or both. System logs have seven log levels. Service logs have only six log levels because they do not include the TRACE level. The default is ALL log entries.
- (Optional) For service logs, select the Service: host or service.
The view is refreshed with the most recent 10 entries matching your filter. As new matching log entries become available, the view is updated to show those entries.
Show Details of a Log EntryShow Details of a Log Entry
Each row of the Realtime tab Log list provides the summary information of a log entry. To view complete details:
Double-click a log entry.
The Log Message dialog, which contains the Timestamp, Logger Name, Thread, Level and Message, is displayed.
- After viewing, click Close.